Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Last 18 Days

So, I've succumbed to the Swine Flu, N1H1, the Evil Piggy, Rotten it what you will, it suuucks.  I've never been sick for so long in my life!   Luckily, I am able to work from that's taken up most of my down time.  But being cooped up for so long has not been fun.  I now appreciate going to work, working from home is just too monotonous, not to mention it's fun associating with people at work, makes the day interesting.

The flu started out as a little cough, then came the chills and aches, then the cough got bad.  I absolutely hate going to the doctor, but with all the "Swine Flu" hype, I decided I probably should.  So the next day I went to the doctor, which took about 4 hours.  He had me breathe in this tube for 10 minutes, said I have a 102 degree fever, then told me I needed to get tested for N1H1.  Thanks doc.   Went to where they told me to go and it was closed!  That was frustrating, and on top of that I really just wanted to be home in bed. So I went back to the Doc and told them it was closed.  They gave me a new set of directions, and after about 20 minutes of searching I found the lab.  The lab gave me some papers, and told me I needed to go to the hospital to get the test.  Super annoyed at this point, I got to the hospital and waited for the Swine Flu tester (can't remember her official title), she finally showed up and took me to a little room.  Next, I had to hold my head sideways as she put a sucker rod up one of my nostrils and squirt some liquid in the other nostril.  Well, apparently she wasn't getting enough "juice", so she jammed the rod even higher...that's when I heard a little popping noise and tears started gushing down my face.  Ouch.  She finally pulled the rod out and the blood came flowing. It was almost like she didn't even notice.  But hey, she was kind enough to give me a tissue.  I was then told that they would let me know the test results in 24 hrs.  4 days later they called and told me I "probably" had the Swine Flu.  So anyway, not too impressed with the doctors/labs/hostipal, once again.

So it's day 18 now and I'm feelin pretty good, just a cough left.  I even went out to a Jazz game Friday night with some friends, it was so nice getting out of the house.  Only thing now is falling asleep...the past 3 or 4 nights I haven't been able to sleep at night, and I'm not taking medicine anymore, so maybe it's the side effects of not being on medication.  Who knows?

Aaand that's a wrap.  I hope you don't get the Swine Flu!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, I cant believe this has taken so long to recover from. Lindsey Garns has the Swine Flu, and really sick from her pregnancy. It is really taking a toll on her. Hope you can return to work soon!